From time to time, we’ve discussed Zipp Express’s extensive fleet; the vehicles we use to deliver to locations all over St. Louis and 150 miles beyond. So, chances are, if you’ve spent any time reading our blogs, you know about our:
- 24’-26’ straight trucks: Also known as box trucks, used most often for moving furniture, office equipment and appliances.
- Sprinters: Sprinters are vans adapted to hold parcels, bulk mail, payroll, and office supplies.
- Cars: Our couriers use these to hand deliver single items such as automotive parts from local automotive stores to mechanics, certified mail, closing documents, and other time sensitive, special delivery items.
- Flatbeds: These trucks are the best choice for moving oversized loads like construction equipment, lumber, and large items with unusual shapes, like industrial machinery parts.
- 48’-53’ tractor-trailers: Our tractor trailers deliver large loads of items, like flats of canned goods, gardening supplies, building products, sensitive medical equipment, and much, much more.
But we don’t talk about our refrigeration storage nearly enough. Today, we want to remedy that situation.
Refrigeration storage is exactly what you think it is. It keeps the shipment at a specific temperature until delivery time. Just like the home refrigerator, it’s insulated and has a condenser and compressor designed to keep temperatures consistently cool.
What is it used for?
Items that have “safe for use” requirements and short expiration periods are often moved in a refrigerator trailer. For instance, food that requires stable, cool temperatures in order to remain usable, such as dairy, meat, seafood, some vegetables and fruit.
Other itemswe store include:
- Alcoholic beverages which will not only spoil in higher temperatures, but even explode if carbonated
- Fresh flowers, such as those used by florists’ shops. Nobody wants wilted flowers.
- Pharmaceuticals like vaccines. Vaccines are especially temperature sensitive and, if not kept cool, can go bad and be unusable.
- Candles. We don’t want them to melt before customers light them.
- Cosmetics, perfume, personal care items
- Fine Art and antiques
- Paint. It separates when unprotected from temperature shifts.
- Chewing Gum. That’s right gum. Melted gum. ‘Nuff said.
- Tobacco products. Cigarettes and cigars don’t tolerate high humidity and temperatures.
- Volatile hazardous chemicals
- Bulk liquids like solvents
- Honey bees
- Christmas trees
Need Cool Storage?
Our cool storage is available for rent to any business in need of a safe place to store perishables.
And you can also leave the driving to us. In fact, you should consider it your best option. Zipp Express is just as invested in the safe delivery of our customers’ products as the customer is. Our drivers are commercially licensed, as well as hazardous-materials certified.
And with thorough background checks and extensive training for all of our employees, from office staff to warehouse crews to drivers, you never have to worry about where your shipment is and who is overseeing its delivery. On top of that, our drivers are all TSA certified. So if you need a temperature-sensitive shipment collected from the airport, they can bypass all the lines, getting in and out with time to spare.
Zipp Express is the go-to delivery company!
Our services, including the use of our refrigerator storage, can be easily mixed and matched to accommodate your needs. For instance:
- Next-Flight-Out (NFO) services. We deliver shipments directly into the hands of the people loading the planes. So, if your temperature sensitive shipment needs to be on a special cargo plane, we can do that. We are located one-mile west of I-270 off I-70, just a few minutes from St. Louis Lambert International Airport. And since we make the run all the time, it’s even faster. So not only is your temperature sensitive shipment safe with us, we will get it there on time—every time.
- Speedy Airport Recovery. If you have a temperature-sensitive shipment such as flowers or pharmaceuticals that need to be collected from the airport and delivered in a hurry, we can do that too. Our drivers can be at the head of the line to collect your shipment so it doesn’t have to sit in the terminal any longer than necessary.
- Same Day Delivery. If your business is within our 150-mile delivery area, chances are we have a delivery route in your area. And if we don’t, we also offer onetime deliveries as well. If you’re in a hurry and need that shipment yesterday? Call us today!
- Climate-controlled Warehouse. If you have a shipment that you need us to hold for a few hours, with 40,000 square feet of space, our warehouse can definitely accommodate you. We also offer cross docking for easy loading and unloading, and our shipping partners will tell you we are easy to work with!
Want more information? Call!
Zipp’s motto is “On time—every time!” Being in the delivery business for over thirty years has given us a great deal of insight into how to treat customers. We are locally owned and operated and our reputation depends on our local customers’ satisfaction. When you choose us as a shipping partner, from first contact to last, you will find our staff, drivers, and crews to be professionals: courteous and helpful at all times. They will provide you with all requested documentation and unload or load your shipment with exacting care.
As you can see, Zipp Express is a superb choice for all your commercial transport needs. Reliability is central to everything Zipp Express does. Our experience and determination to give the best service every time benefits both you and your customers. And as you can see from our reviews on the Courier Board, we deliver on our promises. Call 314-842-8877 today or contact us online and give Zipp Express a chance to show you what we can do for you!
Remember! Don’t just ship it! Zipp it!